I have a lot of jewelry. Seriously, it is a bit obscene and having so much jewelry can create quite a storage problem. First and foremost, it is important to be able to see all your options so you don't forget what you have. I have all mine in plain view. Here are some interesting ways I have incorporated to keep mine organized.
1. Create your space. If you are fortunate enough to have a walk in closet, set up shelving units to store all your handbags and display all your jewelry on top. What does not fit on the shelves gets hung up on the wall. If you don't have that much space, you can always create a corner in your room.
2. Select your basic displays. Invest in several jewelry display stands. You can find them at craft stores and retail suppliers. Ring holders and bracelet bars are a must to start and miniature busts are great for storing longer necklaces and brooches.
3. Box it.Ring boxes are perfect for storing rings, but more importantly, you can finally see all your stud earrings, making it easier to choose what to wear.
4. Dish it. Probably you have a million pinch pots lying around that your children have made in school over the years or leftovers from old porcelain sets that are no longer complete. Use them to display those pieces you wear a lot. They make great jewelry catch alls.
5. Frame It.Frames are wonderful jewelry holders. Pick them up in craft stores or fashion your own. You can screw hooks into the frame to hold necklaces and if you back them with padding, you can hook your earrings into the fabric. Another option is to attach some chicken wire to the back of a frame for storing earrings.