1. Alicia Silverstone as Cher from 'Clueless'. Most of us already own a black blazer and white button-down shirt. Now just add in any mini skirt and a pair of black shoes. Carry shopping bags to finish the look and they double as candy haulers too.
2. Jennifer Beals as Alex Owens from 'Flashdance'. Even if you don’t already own a grey sweatshirt, you can pick one up at Target in the men’s section for about $12. Then just cut the neck and cuffs out. Viola. Instant costume. As for what to wear underneath. You can be bold and do a leotard or go a bit more conservative and do shorts. Adding the leg warmers will just go one step further to reminding people of the movie.
3. Julia Roberts as Vivian Ward from Pretty Woman. If you own a pair of thigh high boots then you pretty much have this look mastered. After all, it is all about the hair and the boots to pull this look off. If you are really gusty, then you can cut the tank into a crop to show off some midriff. Throw on some bracelets and necklaces, tie a shirt around your waist and BAM, costume done.
4. Christina Ricci as Wednesday Addams from 'The Addams Family'. This costume is always one of my fallbacks because it is so easy to create. The real clue is the hairstyle. Any black dress or skirt option with white collar peeking out will work for this outfit. For added punch, carry around a headless doll.
5. The very stylish Karl Lagerfeld. Another black blazer and white shirt combo. Are you seeing a trend here? It is all about the accessories for finishing this look.