When it comes to skincare, there are a lot of mistakes you can make and bad habits to avoid if you want to achieve the best results with your beauty products.
1. Clean it. Do your cleansing step before applying the mask. If you're not into skin cleansing products, just clean your face as you always do. It will help the active ingredients in the mask to go deep into your skin and make all the magic happen.
2. Cover it. Apply your mask like it's a moisturizing cream. Circular motions will soak the product into your skin and become as effective as possible.
3. Cool it. Take your time, relax, read a book and let the mask dry slowly. If it's a salicylic acid mask, you will notice oil coming out of your pores. That's a normal reaction. Salicylic acid unclogs pores and gently exfoliates the surface of the skin, leaving a clear and smooth complexion.
4. Wash it: Rinse with cold water. It will help closing the pores and tighten up your skin.
5. Live it. Follow your regular skincare routine with toner and moisturizing cream. Now your skin is ready for makeup and for your daily life.