Love it or hate it? Comment this post here.
If you're looking for a fun and different way to wear your hair these days, there's a perfect hairdo for you: the milkmaid braid. A big trend right now, this style was a presence on numerous runways for the Spring and Fall 2013 collections and there's no doubt it will continue to be in fashion throughout 2014.
It's a feminine and fashion forward look that can be created with many variations. You could go for a sleek and polished braid or a messy bohemian look. You can even add some shiny hair accessories into the mix to make it look super chic and festive, perfect for a night out. But the best part about this hairdo is that it's so easy to do.
Here are the simple steps to create a perfect Milkmaid look:
1. Divide your hair into two sections, part down the middle.
2. Braid the sections into two loose braids.
3. Pull one braid over to the other ear and secure it with a bobby pin.
4. Pull the second braid over the first one, while pulling the ends towards the back of head. Secure it with a bobby pin.
5. Tuck in your ends under each braid and secure.
6. Add more pins if it feels loose and apply some hairspray and it's done.